Preparing the Annual Medical Report(AMR) is a tedious task for the health professionals. It is like summarizing all the happenings of the covered year inside the company’s office healthcare and reporting it to the employer and the Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE).
But with the help of the employer or its company’s representative, it will be much easier. 💪
With that, here are the 7 things I wish the company knew about the Annual Medical Report:
• AMR is easy. It may be an eight-page form that needs to be accomplished, but if you have kept all your records, supplying the needs in the form is easy.
• DOLE requires you to submit 2 copies of it to their office annually on or before the last day of March of following year of the covered year.
• Its form, DOLE/BWC/HSD/OH-47 is very much available and it can be downloaded from DOLE site using the link here.
• As the employer, you need to prepare these numbers for the report:
✅ total number of employees
✅ number of shifts
✅ number distribution of employees as to nature/workplace, sex and workship.
• Your company nurses and doctors will accomplish and submit to you the reports about your company’s OSH services that are needed in the form.
• One copy of the DOLE-signed report must be kept inside the clinic and must be prepared during the DOLE audit.
• AMR is just one of the reports that are required under OSH standards. Others are the Work Accident/Illness Report, Annual Exposure Data Report, Report of Safety Organization, and Minutes of Meetings of OSH Committee.
One of the challenges nowadays is that many employers are still not aware of these. By this time, you are now informed. 🤓
What if we’ll not comply with AMR?
AMR is one of the documents that is being asked by DOLE in compliance to OSH standard. Any employer, according to DO 198-18 (an IRR of RA 11058 Or the Act Strengthening Compliance with Occupational Safety and Health Standards and Providing Penalties and Violations thereof), who fails and refuses to comply with reportorial requirements as prescribed by OSH standards shall be liable for Php 30,000 administrative fine per day until violation is corrected.
If you’re an employee and you have no idea what AMR is, click here.
We’re always thinking of new ways to help you get informed. We’re currently improving our blog and pooling more topics to share.
Got more ideas? We’d love to hear them. Let us know what you think we should work on next! Comment below. 👇
One thought on “What I Wish Company Knew About Annual Medical Report”